Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Camp NaNoWriMo Week 1 Update

The first week of NaNoWriMo is over! Well, a little more than the first week, and for some reason, I was under the impression that the first week wasn't over until I counted the dates. Well, my grasp of time isn't the best at the moment.

So here are the updates for Goal 1 and 2

Goal 1: Revising Mi & You

The revising is going really slowly, and has more or less stopped now. This new writing site I'm on is addictive, but I'm not getting enough feedback as I'd like (and I'm spending a lot of time reading and critiquing a lot of other stories). I've only revised slightly less than 7000 words, which is slightly more than 1/10th the novel. ><

Any one want to give me a kick in the pants by reading and giving feedback?

Goal 2: Writing the collab story

This goal is actually going pretty well. I've written down 6 (rather short) chapters, which means I've only skipped 2 (three if I don't do anything today) days. Plus, I've gotten some feedback on the story and it's pretty encouraging so far.

The biggest acheivement though, is not by my but my +Nicholas Lim. He wrote down a timeline of events that happened before the book starts(for reference) and drew a rough map. It was really the timeline that helped me figure out what to write next.

Overall:

I'm happy with how goal 2 is doing, but not goal 1. I was really hoping to do more revising for this term. But then again, July is the month before exams, and the long-term meds I'm on aren't doing me any good. So I guess any progress is good progress :D

Oh, and I think the cabin thing is working out pretty well. +Amy Dionne checked in on me to make sure I was updating my stats, so that was another good reminder to write.

If I can find any time this week, I'll be trying to do more revision!

How has Camp NaNoWriMo been for you?