Wednesday, 2 March 2016

February Writing Update



Hey everyone! February certainly flew by. It's now March 3rd, which is Girls' Day in Japan (though I'm not celebrating), and job hunting season for me has just started. Anyway, a report on February. In February, I managed to write 19271 new words. Now, how about those goals:

Writing Goals for 2016:

1. Publish Beauty's Daughter, which is the sequel to The Nutcracker King (if possible, I want to finish the second draft/main rewrite by this year!)
Well, I definitely did not finish most of the editing. I'm halfway through, though, and I've managed to add more description, which is good. And I got the map of the royal compound! Wheeee!
2. Finish the first draft (at least) of The Goblin Apple, which will be the sequel (of sorts) to Beauty's Daughter and The Nutcracker King aka third book in series.
I'm on the last chapter right now! This might actually be the first goal I'll finish this year.
3. Publish one of the short story collections at 0.99 (cause these are SHORT). I have a collection of satirical stories (on Japanophiles like me) and one of Biblical parable retellings. I have to choose one, get a cover for it, and get it copy edited. Any preferences as to which?
I mentioned that I had to rewrite the arc holding the collection together last month and... I finished the rewriting! (On the last day of the month too) Now it's to test and see if the rewrite's any good, get some feedback, etc. And then cover and all that.

Stretch goals

No progress on this front, though that should change next month, when we start Camp NaNoWriMo.