Sunday, 3 April 2016

Camp NaNoWriMo has Started! (Plus March Roundup)



April's here, which means that my spring break is rapidly coming to a close, and that Camp NaNoWriMo has started!

My Camp NaNoWriMo project for this camp is... editing (no big surprise). I've decided to start editing last year's NaNoWriMo project (which means that I'm now working on my stretch goals) - which means re-structuring the whole thing. I'm still in the "finding big plot holes" stage, so I'll be lucky if I even finish one third of the rewriting by the end of the month. But the important thing is to start.

Alright, now on to an update on how my March writing went:


Writing Goals for 2016:

1. Publish Beauty's Daughter, which is the sequel to The Nutcracker King (if possible, I want to finish the second draft/main rewrite by this year!)

I finished my edits, and now it's off with the most grammar-picky friend I could find for the last round of typo spotting! But I still have to get the cover and such, so... with luck it'd be out by June.

2. Finish the first draft (at least) of The Goblin Apple, which will be the sequel (of sorts) to Beauty's Daughter and The Nutcracker King aka third book in series.

GOAL REACHED. I can cross this out now. Of course, the next step is editing, but that's probably going to happen after I finish Camp NaNoWriMo.

3. Publish one of the short story collections at 0.99. 

This one is also finished and is now with a friend for the last round of typo spotting. I've also got a cover for this, but the cover will only be done at the end of this month, so it should be published sometime next month.

Stretch goals

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm starting on one of my stretch goals now! I'm not sure if I will be giving weekly updates - I'm thinking of just updating when I finish one big stage in the editing process. Thoughts?

Overall, March was a really good month for me. I finished one goal, and I made good progress towards the other two. But with shukatsu (job hunting), and now school starting, I guess April may not be as productive. I do hope that Camp NaNoWriMo will keep me on track though.