Thursday, 5 May 2016

April Writing Updates AND I WON NANOWRIMO



I have the official winner's banner and everything! Of course, my goal was really little - just 10k words instead on 50k, since most of the month was spent planning revisions.

Funnily enough, my wordcount for April was 10965, while my word count for March was 9177, so it seems like NaNo did have a positive effect, even though I didn't think that I wrote that much. It'll be interesting to see if this carries over to May, since I haven't finished rewriting Heart-Less.

Writing Goals for 2016:

1. Publish Beauty's Daughter, which is the sequel to The Nutcracker King (if possible, I want to finish the second draft/main rewrite by this year!)

Still waiting on the edits for this one.

2. Finish the first draft (at least) of The Goblin Apple, which will be the sequel (of sorts) to Beauty's Daughter and The Nutcracker King aka third book in series.

GOAL REACHED. So it's time for version 2.5 of the goal:

2.5 Finish the second draft of The Goblin Apple by the end of the year. 
I wonder if it's possible though, since my stretch goal is taking up my time so far.
3. Publish one of the short story collections at 0.99. 

GOAL REACHED! Although this really is a May thing, but I did it before the update so it counts, right? The School of Anime Characters is now for sale on Amazon, Kobo, Apple and the other retailers that D2D distributes to. And I'm still in love with the cover, so let me post it again:


Stretch goals
4. Finish Mi & You, this WIP that's been a WIP for the last few years. Maybe I'll post chapter 1 here one day to give myself pressure lol.

Still no progress on this one, I'm afraid.

5. Decide what I want to do with Free of Heart (this year's NaNo). If I decide to publish, I want to finish the second draft by the end of 2016 as well.
Well, this was my Camp NaNoWriMo project, so I'm working on this right now! Hopefully I'll finish it before NaNoWriMo in December so that I can start a new project :D

I actually think setting goals was a great idea. I feel like this year has been a lot more productive than last year. Or maybe it's because I'm checking in regularly (sort of), so it becomes easier to see how far I've travelled. I'm sort of hopeful that I'll be able to finish four out of five goals by the end of this year though!