Thursday, 7 July 2016

June Writing Update

Have a photo of a cat, taken in the month of June
Yike, it's now July! Ok, June really flew by too fast. I actually have a few more podcasts/websites that I want to share, but it looks like I didn't do so for the whole of last month! That's kinda sad. Ok, I shall try to do at least one post this month. Anyway, my update for June:

Writing Goals for 2016:

1. Publish Beauty's Daughter, which is the sequel to The Nutcracker King (if possible, I want to finish the second draft/main rewrite by this year!)

Still waiting on the edits for this one. (and yes, I said the same thing last month. It's a waiting game) - Please note that I just used last month's message.
2.5 Finish the second draft of The Goblin Apple by the end of the year. 
I haven't started on this yet. With any luck though, I can start for the July Camp NaNo (if I do it) Not doing July's Camp NaNo, and I have no idea when this will be started >< Probably after I publish Beauty's Daughter.
3. Publish one of the short story collections at 0.99. 


Stretch goals
4. Finish Mi & You, this WIP that's been a WIP for the last few years. 
DONE

5. Decide what I want to do with Free of Heart (this year's NaNo). If I decide to publish, I want to finish the second draft by the end of 2016 as well. Finish the rewrite of Heart-less (previously Free of Heart)

DONE

Surprisingly, my stretch goals are finished, while my main goals... aren't. I suppose it's because the stretch goals are mostly writing-based, while one of the main goals isn't. Although technically, I have finished goals two and three, just not goal 2.5.

Oh well, here's to a more productive month. By the way, I'm adding a new goal:

4. Finish writing Seals vs Penguins, the collab story I'm working on. 

Last, word count news. I wrote 21358 words last month, which was actually less than May. I was quite surprised, because the month was off to a good start. But I guess I had too many distractions in the latter half of the month - that'll teach me to be complacent.