1. Create and publish paperback versions of The Nutcracker King and Beauty's DaughterThis is basically just because I want a paperback copy in my hands. To do this, I need to get the paperback covers ready, and I am currently asking two very talented people for help with this. Fingers crossed that I can get this done in early 2017 before I graduate.
I was wondering if I wanted to be ambitious and include Twilight Children, but next year is going to be a year of change and I want writing and publishing to be something I enjoy, not something I stress over.
2. Publish The Goblin Apple
3. Revise Red and write the next book (TBD)
Ideally, I'd like to write two books, like this year, but that's the stretch goal.
This part is the bulk of my writing goal, and of course, I'll be trying to keep up a daily writing habit. I lapsed a bit towards the end of the year, but I'm trying not to beat myself over it and to just continue. But the whole "tracking my writing using excel" method is very effective in making sure I write almost every day, so I'm going to continue that.
4. Sell 100 books
Over the last year and a month, I've sold slightly more than 50 copies. So for 2017, I want to try and double that, to 100 copies.
It's not really a direct writing/publishing goal, but it's a step towards making this self-funding. And a way to get me to start thinking more about what kind of marketing strategies I want to try.
5. (The 'if I have money' goal) Hire an Editor for Heart-LessI don't know why, but I like this story and since it's longer than what I normally like (basically it's the length of a novel hahaha), I would like to hire an editor to help point out my weak spots so I can improve.
6. (Stretch goal) Finish Writing Seals vs PenguinsMy friend and I have been working on this FOREVER (ok, maybe only like 2 years?) and it's still not done. This is mostly my fault because when I try to do humour, I only succeed like 20% of the time. But I really want to finish this!
7. Publish Twilight ChildrenI'd need to get a cover, and to finish editing this, so fingers crossed!